Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Moment of Silence, Please

If you are just a casual visitor of this blog, you may not know that I spend several hours a week as a swimming coach for Portland's Team in Training triathlon teams. I've been involved in TNT since 2005, in memory of my grandfather, who died of leukemia while I was in law school. Coaching and mentoring our athletes takes time and emotional energy that I don't often have to spare, but I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Natasha Curtis, the little girl that was our teams' honored teammate for the last three seasons, passed away this morning. She was 8 years old. She will be mourned and missed by all whose lives she touched.

You can find out more about Natasha at the CaringBridge website in my links list.

For those of you that have asked if there is anything you can do...click on the goofy wetsuit picture to the right and donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The LLS is devoted finding a cure for blood cancers and improving the lives of kids like Natasha.

Thanks for your support.

No comments: