Friday, April 16, 2010

Cycle 1, Days 3-4

From Wikipedia, the word of the Day(s):

Fatigue (also called exhaustion, lethargy, languidness, languor, lassitude, and listlessness) is a state of awareness. It can describe a range of afflictions, varying from a general state of lethargy to a specific work-induced burning sensation within one's muscles. It can be both physical and mental. Physical fatigue is the inability to continue functioning at the level of one's normal abilities.

I am so fucking tired.  And there's really nothing funny to say about it.  Chemo is seriously lacking in a sense of humor...what a crabby whore.  Sleeping 15 hours a day is not funny.  Forgetting words and whether I've taken a shower today are not funny.  The effects of horse steroids are not funny.  Being too tired to flee your own chemo farts is not funny.  OK, maybe hotboxing oneself is slightly funny (especially when the cats get caught in the fray).  But don't laugh about it to my face.  Yet.

----
What I really want to do today is send A HUGE THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU out to the lovely ladies that collaborated (behind my back...the only time they'll ever catch me with my guard down) to make a beautiful new quilt for me to cuddle in whenever I need some good, strong sisterhood energy:  Sarah, Casey, Cathy, Heather, Heidi, Tiffany, Stephanie, Alice, FT, Margi, Anna, Mindy, Shari, Sage, Jen W., Michelle, Angela, Alia and my wonderful mother. 

With a particular shout-outs to Sarah for masterminding the whole affair and to Steph for her very inspired "Whip Cancer" square:

You all rule.  I am so blessed. 

No comments: