Saturday, February 21, 2009

Flip-side

I have a had very interesting/enlightening/ego-trip-fantastic 24 hours...one in which I've realized that although I've wasted many weeks of my life feeling like a loser, that I've actually won. Big time.

Today was my first road race. Two hours and twenty-seven minutes of "what the fuck have I gotten myself in to?".

The Sublimity Circuit Race Course was stupid hard. I can barely keep my eyes open and I still need to shower and foam roll my poor quads. They are not happy campers at this moment. I'll post something more tomorrow, but for tonight suffice to say that I made it into the break, held my own for 3/4 of the race and managed to pull a fifth place finish out of my hindquarters.

More importantly, I know that I belong doing this. I can be a bike racer. I can't quit grinning.

No comments: