Monday, June 16, 2008

WTB: One Rewind Button

This weekend had to go down as one the most awful in recent memory. About 3 hours after writing the "Funk" post, I got hit by with something that was a cross between a cold, the flu and the black plague. I can't figure out where the horribly bloodshot eyes came from, perhaps there was some allergy attack that I missed because I was otherwise occupied with being pathetic.

Missed work Friday and was in bed all weekend. I emerged from the condo and into the gorgeous sunshine long enough to (1) order a new mountain bike on Saturday, (2) get in a car accident immediately following the aforementioned ordering of the new mountain bike and (3) watch everyone else race at Blue Lake on Sunday. Then back to bed.

The movies that they show on cable during the weekends are total crap. But there were "Dog Whisperer" and "Intervention" marathons. I hate admitting this, but I am hooked on watching "Intervention." It is, quite honestly, the best cure for the self-pity party. I'm injured and sick and have a busted up car, but dammit, at least I don't drink three gallons of mouthwash every day.

No comments: